Sunday, May 4, 2008

Praying for the Family

First of all, thanks for all the prayers as I continue to recover from knee surgery. I'm on the road to full recovery - it'll only take a couple of weeks. I just have to be patient - that's really, really hard for me.

I'm praying for lots of friends in real need. One of our deacons lost his mother-in-law last week. It was a sweet homegoing but a sad time. I have several folks that are my friends who are having some real financial difficulties.
I'm praying for them - please join me.

Our daughter, Heather, and her husband, Andrew are about to have their second baby -- this time, a girl -- any day. Please pray with me for a safe delivery, and a healthy baby (Rylee) and quick recovery for Heather.

On the church front - I'm so pleased with this past weekend's parenting conference. Dr. Richard Ross was awesome. He brought wonderful communicating skills and great content on teaching parents to make an impact on their children for Jesus. I'm just so sorry more of our parents couldn't/didn't attend - their loss. I hope I just don't have to help them pick up the pieces with their kids who walk away from the Lord.. I'm already praying about that.

May is our family month. I've been working on the sermons for this month for awhile now. I love to preach on the family. My family means the world to me. I thought the family changed the most when the kids were young, but I'm not so sure anymore. My wife and I have seen our family change more in the last 24 months perhaps than anytime in our family's history. It has been all good - just dizzying to say the least. I love my kids, my in-laws, and my grandson. I'm praying for them all.

Do you make it a regular practice to pray over and with your family? LuAnne and I have said for years "the family that prays together stays together." You've probably heard me say that in nearly every May sermon since I came to McGregor. I absolutely believe it's the truth.

I guess the theme of this blog - let's pray. We have alot to pray about.............

No comments: