Thursday, May 15, 2008

Reflections on Tuesday

Tuesday, May 13, 2008, was one of the most emotional days I can remember - ever!

Tuesday morning, I became aware of the death of my friend and fellow pastor, Dr. Forrest Pollock of Bell Shoals Baptist Church in Brandon, Florida. Also, his 13 year old son, Preston, was killed in the same plane crash. I can't even come up with words to express how heavy my heart is from this. Dawn, Forrest's wife, needs our prayers and their remaining 5 children do, too. Please join me in praying for the Bell Shoals church family in these incredibly difficult days. This surely tests our faith - only God in Heaven can heal the hurt that this precious family and church must be going through.

Then, hours later, God blessed LuAnne and me with a new grandchild - our first girl!! Rylee Jordan Nix is a beautiful 7 pound, 19 ounce, 20 inch long bundle of joy. Her mother, Heather, is doing fine. She and Andrew are so happy to be blessed with their second baby in their four year marriage. I am reminded once again of just how blessed I am -- blessed with my wonderful wife, blessed with sweet kids that love Jesus and marry wonderful Christian mates, and they are blessed to be having grand-children. In addition to our wonderful church, I am simply speechless (unusual for me to say the least) at God's blessings in my life with my family. I couldn't have prayed for happier days. May God in Heaven alone receive all the Glory due His Name.


Thanks for sharing that with LuAnne and me. Enjoy the pictures of baby Rylee (a proud grandpa has to show her off, right?).

1 comment:

HeatherJ said...

Hey dad! Those pictures are so sweet...I'm SO glad we're so close that you guys could be here during this special time...Rylee was 7 lb, 10 oz, not 19 oz (that would be OVER 8 lb..ouch! Haha), and Andrew has been married 3 years..not 4 years..but you spelled her name right! :) I love you...
Heather