Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Much "Knee"ded Prayer

This is really uncomfortable for me, but here goes...

I want to ask something from you. I want to ask you to pray for me. Yesterday, I had (minor) knee surgery on both knees to repair some cartiledge tears. This surgery is quite common and insignificant, but doing both knees at the same time makes it a bit more difficult.
With the consultation from my wonderful doctor (Dr. Ron Gardner, a member of our church) we decided to go ahead and get them both done and get it over with.
So, please pray for the recouperation time and physical therapy for the next few days. Hopefully, I'll be up and "better than ever" in just over a week. For those of you familiar with my schedule - it looks like I won't have any problem making my prior commitments. Mark Bricker is preaching at Wednesday night's FOCUS service, but I'm still planning to be there to give the "First Quarter Operating Report," as promised.

McGregor's "Flip this Family" Parenting Conference is this weekend. Lu and I are still leading one of the breakout sessions. If you haven't signed up, it's going to be incredible -- visit www.flipthisfamily.com for details on registration.

Also, pray for my sweet wife, LuAnne, because I'm NOT a good patient. I'm stir-crazy already.
Great time for lots of Bible reading!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Dr Powell, I have also done the knee surgeries, just one at a time! You are a brave man!! John and I will be praying for you.

the burchard bunch said...

Knee surgery won't keep you down for long!! We will be praying for you and for sweet Miss Luann... You be nice to her... don't give her any grief!