Monday, February 23, 2009

God's Leadership and Blessing

I get away 2 or 3 times each year for a dedicated week of study and sermon preparation. It is such a huge help to have sermon ideas planned well ahead of time.

I have been having such a "week" this past week. Some are better than others and this one has been a good one. I really sense God's leadership and blessing. Studying His Word is always a personal blessing, but sensing His leadership in a special way is awesome.

Many of your pray for me regularly. I greatly appreciate those prayers. Preaching is one of my greatest joys and biggest responsibilities. It is also the area where Satan would love to distract me the most. He "got NO victory" in that this week, and I rejoice in that.

I couldn't wait to get back home and I couldn't wait for this past Sunday. Not just the preaching, but for the chance to worship, and to be with my church family. I love church. I love worship. I love preaching His Word and learning from it. I love my church family. I love Jesus.

Hope you do too. Get it? (you say, “got it!!”)

2 comments:

JC said...

This last Sunday's message was Awesome. The Gospel could not have been presented any clearer. Your time of prayer & study certainly paid off. Love you man!

John

Dani said...

Hey Richard! It's Dani Dickerson...now Turner. How are you guys? I attend Taylors First Baptist in Greer. Dr. Page says he knows and loves you! I just happenend across your blog. I have one as well.
www.turnertakes.blogspot.com. I just wanted to say hello, and I hope you are all doing well!