Friday, July 6, 2007

Anyone who knows me (and perhaps even those who don't) knows that family is very important to me.
I pastor a wonderful church family, but my primary responsibility is my own family. I take BOTH very seriously. These last few days have been days where I have had the joy of having my whole family together.
Heather (our oldest), husband Andrew, and grandson Aidan are here from Virginia. Alan (only son) and his wife Brycie are here from Los Angeles. Kayla (youngest) is with us for the whole summer from college. LuAnne and I have all of our family together for a few days. Awesome!
We are at Myrtle Beach - all of us, together, in one house, a very small house, all of us - together!!
It is WONDERFUL.
It simply reminds me of one of God's best blessings - the gift of life, the gift of love, the gift of family.
I grew up in a large church where -- remember this was many years ago -- we used to sing the Doxology every Sunday as the ushers brought the offerings back down the aisle and put them on the Lord's Supper table for everyone to see. I guess the Pastor and church family were thanking God for the offering. I get that.
But for me, I break out in a silent doxology of the heart for this blessing of being with my most precious human blessings - my wife and kids, and now spouses and grandson.
I believe I am one of the most blessed of God men that I know - God is WAY too good to me. I'm reminded of that often - especially these last few days.
Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow.

rp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome, good to hear that all your kids and spouses are there with you and your wife. Those are the moments that we have to enjoy because they come fast at you and fast they go.

enjoy!!!

heatherj said...

We had SUCH a great time that week...and the next! Miss you guys!