Thursday, June 21, 2007

I was sitting in the den at my house with my wife and youngest daughter, Kayla. My oldest daughter, Heather, and our grandson, Aidan, were arriving that day for a visit. Sitting there in that moment I was really overwhelmed with God’s goodness to me and my family. I shared this feeling with LuAnne and Kayla – how God has been and is so good to us.

I know some of you may be having bad days or tough times to go through, and I’m dealing with some personal things too, but, I am constantly amazed at God’s goodness. I love my wife (even more today than the day I married her 27 years ago), we are blessed with three awesome kids, and two “in-law” kids – all who love and serve the Lord. We serve along side one of the best church staffs at one of the greatest churches anywhere – I’m almost ready to shout!! Thank you Jesus. I am so totally grateful for His awesome blessings.

But I am scared!

I am concerned.

Not in a “I don’t have enough faith” kind of way. But in a “I don’t want to do anything to mess this up” kind of way.

I want to see God do even MORE in the days to come in my life and in our church’s ministry.

I have a pastor friend who challenged his church in this way – I think it’s right for us too. Would you pray and believe God with me?


Let’s pray that, as a church family we will…….

- NEVER be satisfied with where we are!

- Always be thankful for what God has done!

- NEVER limit what God can do!

- ALWAYS dream big – and take bold steps of faith!

- NEVER stop reaching people for Jesus!

- ALWAYS spend money for Great Commission ministry!

- NEVER let the critics and skeptics silence us!

- ALWAYS be willing to make time for Christ in our lives!

- NEVER forget where our source of strength comes from!

- ALWAYS celebrate where we are going – even before we get there!

- NEVER allow creativity to supersede Scripture!

- ALWAYS show the world how relevant the Gospel is!

- NEVER lift up personalities!

- ALWAYS lift up the name above all names – JESUS!!



We are so blessed here at McGregor. And I think the greatest blessing is that God’s greatest blessings are yet to come!!

dRP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true, pastor. Your always and never statement are so true. I will put it in my prayers.

The Best is Yet to come is a phrase we used to say in my old church and it's something we ought to believe and embrace.

HeatherJ said...

Aw, dad, I love you SO much...you amaze me daily, and I'm having SO much fun with you, mom, and Kayla...I'm SO glad we get to spend all this time with you, and I'm SO blessed to call you my father...I didn't even know you had a blog, so I'm SO excited to read them now! Love ya!