Monday, July 23, 2007

A Life Lived for Jesus...

I like living! As a matter of fact, I love life!!
I’m a “cup is half full” kind of guy. One of my mentors in the ministry told me one time that the key to effective pasturing is to “love Jesus and love people.” I got those cover with change to spare.
But, everyone faces sad times -- including me. In fact, I’m facing a really sad time right now. One of my closest friends here at MBC (or anywhere) passed away Saturday night. Warren Wilkin was one of the greatest Christians, one of the greatest leaders, and one of the sweetest friends I’ve ever known.
I know he is in Heaven and that is a GREAT comfort. His sweet wife knows that. Yet, it’s tough to lose a man of that depth and closeness – anytime.
When I picked up my wife at the airport, when I saw my daughter Sunday afternoon, when I called my dad – all of these moments meant just a little more than ever because I am reminded that in this wonderful “rat race” called LIFE, it’s people and relationships that matter most.
Jesus tells us over and over in the Bible, that God loves us and wants a relationship with us. I preach that all the time. And from time to time, life reminds me of how true that really is.
The last time I saw Warren before he went home to Heaven, we prayed together. I told him how much he meant to me and my family. I rejoice in his homegoing, and in him memory, I’m desiring to establish more relationships with more people as we live each day for Jesus.

rp

2 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

We were sad to hear of Warren's passing. He was a wonderful man. Our thoughts are with his family.

heatherj said...

We're going to miss Mr. Warren SO much...we can't EVER take our relationships that God blesses us with on this earth for granted..I love you!