Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I feel horrible....... but I'm having a GREAT time.
Weird, I know, but it's true.
I'm sitting here at First Baptist Church, Houston, Texas and one of my heroes, Dr. John Bisagno is here - I'm having a blast. What a joy to listen to his wisdom, his humility, and his vision. His so annointed and I love being around men that have a passion for the local church. Pastor Greg Mott, Dr. Bisagno's successor is here. Bisagno is about ......oh, about 90 and Greg is 34. Neat transition story.
Now, here's some context - I feel lousy. Sinus stuff has really got me. Bad headache, runny nose, "mack truch hit me" kind of feeling. But I LOVE being here. The Lord just confirmed in my heart how called I am to the local church. This (the local church) is where it's at!! This is where the excitement is, it's where God is blessing the most - I LOVE being a part of what God is doing in the CHURCH.

I am sitting here with about 30 pastors of the best, most agressive, evangelistic churches from all accross the nation (California to Maryland, Illinois to Florida). These guys are super. Yet, I gotta tell all of you, even when I hear all that is happening in all these churches, I am blessed to Pastor the GREATEST church in the nation - no, in the WORLD!!! McGregor Baptist Church. Don't tell all my pastor friends I said that - but it's TRUE!!!!!!!
I hope you really believe that with me. We are SO BLESSED at McGregor.. No, we aren't perfect and we've had a tough year is some ways, but.......God is SO GOOD. We are hugely blessed - and we are so undeserving. It's all HIM, it's all His Grace, it's HIS CHURCH. And I love it!!

If you have an issue with something at McGregor - call me. If you don't - tell SOMEONE, invite someone, bring someone with you to Sunday School and church. Pray that the Holy Spirit would move mightily in their heart. I want to see every person in Lee County come to Christ. You can help, I can help, McGregor can help - GOD CAN DO IT!!!

Whew - that felt good. Getting that off my chest felt good. Now I feel better, still got sinus junk, but I feel better. Thanks for hearing me out - it's my HEART CRY.

1 comment:

the burchard bunch said...

God is good! Change can be so hard sometimes..... keep pushing ahead, we are praying for our "family" at McGregor! Love you guys!

PS - I just heard you're gonna have a granddaughter!! Oh my, how rotten will she be after Grandpa and Mama Lu are done with her!!! Wishing you all the best!!!