Thursday, September 13, 2007

Until He Comes or Calls Us Home...

I don't like to travel. I love to serve the Lord, so sometimes I have to.
I'm one of the Trustees of the International Mission Board of our convention and we're meeting in Ashville.
We have 5200 missionaries around the world. Awesome
At this Trustee meeting, we have invited over 2000 recently retired missionaries to come to Ashville North Carolina so we could worship together and share our appreciation for their service.
I am so humbled to be around these incredible people who have literally given their entire life to go all over the World to tell people about Jesus. They have sacrificed so much for the sake of the Gospel. They are my heroes.
Last night, after the worship service, one of the retired missionary couples (I can't remember their names) was heading to their hotel and had a terrible accident. He was seriously injured and she was killed.
Unbelievable. So disheartening. Until I am reminded by the Lord, that they gave their life to get people ready to die - and they were so ready.
It just reminds me of why I do what I do. God called me to give my life to sharing Jesus in the local church.
We are all missionaries where God has called us to serve. Some of you are missionaries at your office, or school, or plant, or neighborhood - or wherever you are called to serve or work. Your calling is as much from God as is mine or any missionary. We are to share Jesus at any time and with anybody.
Pray for God to use you to lead others to Christ.
Pray for the family of this missionary couple so devastated by this accident.
Pray for all our missionaries as they minister all around the world.
Pray for God to use YOU in the same way.

rp

No comments: