Monday, September 17, 2007

Praise Him in the Storm


Tornadoes hit our area.
We have hurricane threats in Southwest Florida nearly every season. I never say this publicly, but I fear tornadoes much more. Tornadoes were a regular part of the weather pattern in Mississippi, where we lived for almost 10 years. They are unpredictable, stealthy and deadly.

Join me in praying for opportunities to turn this sudden tornado tragedy into a witness for the Lord.

Much like tornadoes, the threats of unchecked temptation pops up like an isolated thunderstorm – unpredictable, stealthy – and that temptation leads to sin. We can sometimes see and hear the warnings that a personal tornado is coming if we give in to that temptation, and we choose to ignore it. Unfortunately, the damage can be devastating for our lives, our homes, our families: people that we love and care about – all because we ignored the warnings. Ask the Lord today to show you areas of your life where temptation could lead sin, confess it to Him, and ask him daily to deliver you from it.

In other news…
I am so excited to see God at work in our PEOPLE.
I talked to one friend, who sent me his friend who was asking serious questions about the Lord. And, I talked to four prospect families who are new to the area and praying about joining McGregor.
We’re gearing up a comprehensive evangelism strategy to launch soon. It’ll be so exciting because I love seeing new “soul winners” head out into the harvest fields – and the fields are white in our “Jerusalem.” Shawn Bergen, our new Minister of Evangelism, is already working hard on the details.
Pray with me (as I hope you already are!!!) about a new Preschool Ministry Director and a Single Adult pastor. It’s unbelievable that so much goes
on behind the scenes to make Preschool Ministry and Singles Ministry happen, and we’ve been praying for quite awhile for just the right people to take the lead in those ministries. God may be about to answer both of these prayers!

Pray for two people I have come to love and appreciate who serve on our staff - Hank Garner and Dawn O'Neal.
Both a super ministers here at McGregor, but beyond that, God has brought them together for an even greater purpose -
to begin a life together as husband and wife. They will be getting married on October 6.
I love to see God's BIG picture. Yes, God brought both of them here to serve with us, but also to find each other for a lifetime.
That is a blessing to me in a huge way.

The winds of change are blowing at McGregor. I am excited even as I deal with the personal side of the change - it knocks me out of my comfort zone.

God is good -- all the time...

Be blessed in Jesus.

rp

No comments: