Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vacating

I'm a "Type-A" person: high strung, wound tight, ADHD, Choleric type of guy.  That means I don't unwind very often or very well.  It goes against my grain.  But I'm working at it.

LuAnne, Kayla, and I went by and picked up Heather and Aidan and newborn Rylee and headed to the beach.

We joined about 45 other members of LuAnne's family for a family reunion at Gulf Shores, Alabama.  Andrew joined us the next day.  Unfortunately, Alan and Brycie couldn't make it - I miss my son terribly and so wish he and Brycie could be here.

We will leave the beach and head to Spartanburg (my home city) to see my dad and his wife.  Big bonus - my sister and her daughter will be there too.  Can't wait !!

I'm trying hard to relax, unwind and "chill" - I'm working on it.  You know, "refilling the tank," so to speak.

Ok, truthfully, I'm ready to come home.  I missed being at church for the God and Country service and last Sunday.  But I'm trying - to unwind.  I'm working on it - really.  I feel slightly less wound tight.  I feel only wound sorta tight.  There - is that better??

I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation.  This trying to relax is hard work.

No comments: