Sunday, January 13, 2008

Exciting New Year

Hey friends. Sorry for the long time since my last blog.
I wish I could let you hear all that I hear. Over the last few days, I have heard from so many people and how God is blessing folks with amazing life changing experiences - from the ministry here at McGregor. I LIVE for that!!
One new friend and brother, recently released from prison, was saved there, discipled by our prison ministry team, was baptized here at McGregor and is so excited about growing in his love for Jesus. His enthusiasm is contagious.
Another young lady I have met is facing some really difficult circumstances yet so hungry to learn about her new faith in Christ.
I've heard so many positive comments about our new Single Adult Pastor. Arthur Keeley is no stranger to us. He and his family have been members of our church for several years. Knowing his heart for ministry and loving personality just make his ministry here on our staff that much more exciting.
Same for our new High School Pastor, Ben Fleming. He's awesome. Many of our students have a renewed sense of excitement for the ministry to them and their friends. With Pastor Ben leading our High School students and Steven Anderson leading our Middle School ministry, our Student ministry is stronger than ever!!
2008 is off to an incredible start. Enthusiasm is building for our FOCUS mid-week service -- the place to be for all of our members who are hungry for the "focus-ed" study of the Word of God. Great worship and great Bible study- I wouldn't want to miss a single Wednesday FOCUS. Come and bring ALL your friends. Awesome service!!!!

rp

1 comment:

The Cooke Family said...

Hey PP,

It's fun to read your blog! Just wanted to give a thumbs up to the Wednesday night service (while being on the topic of great things happening at McGregor). Last Wed. night was great! If there is one topic I feel I need more of in the life right now, it is the the Holy Spirit. I love your moto of always "Keeping the main thing the main thing" which of course is Jesus, but unfortunately so many don't understand the how the Holy Spirit is the only one able to help us keep our focus on the main thing.

I am hungry for more great teaching on Wed. nights!

Thanks for all you do!

Blessings,
Christina

p.s. tell Kayla that "P.S. I love you" wasn't worth seeing (if she hasn't already seen it)