Thursday, November 8, 2007

And Who Shall Go for Us? David & Tracy...

Ok, I still get a lump in my throat whenever I'm around missionaries. My mom and dad just instilled that in me a long time ago.
Tonight, I got a huge blessing being in Springfield, Illinois as we commissioned 82 new missionaries. All of these new Southern Baptist missionaries are very committed and sacrificing so much to go all over the world to tell people about Jesus.

The blessing was mutiplied by the fact that one of the couples being sent to the mission field is one of our families from McGregor. David and Tracy Delac were a part of this service. They are preparing to go as SBC missionaries to South Africa in the Spring. What a blessing. Unbelievable. Awesome.
To see David and Tracy with tears in their eyes as they respond to God's call on their life to share the love of Jesus was wonderful.
David and Tracy, I love you guys and I'm so proud of you, and happy for you. God will bless you richly for your obedience to follow His Will for the rest of your lives. You are my heroes!!

It reminded me that we are all called to be missionaries. Some as full-time missionaries (like David and Tracy), some as teachers, doctors, home-makers, businessmen and women, or wherever God has called you to serve. Remember, our primary calling is ALWAYS to share Christ no matter our vocation.

So, on behalf of David and Tracy, let's join them and tell someone about Jesus in Ft. Myers and they go to South Africa to do the same. They are being faithful to God's call on their life - I hope and pray each of you are too.

rp

2 comments:

Toknowhim said...

Pastor Powell,

How funny you were in Springfield, IL? That is where my family lives now. God called our family to Springfield about 3 years ago, and it has been the best experience of our lives. We (husband and kids) attended Mcgregor for about ten years (Aaron and Kim Uden), and the Delacs were in our Sunday School class. We met you and talked with you and your family several times, but I know that it maybe a little hard to remember us because of the size of Mcgregor.

Congratulations on all the wonderful things that have happened with your family over the last 3 years (marriages and a grandbaby).

Blessings to you and McGregor!!

(PS. I came to your site through Vicki Robinson's site)

Tim K. said...

How awesome it is when we answer the call God lays on our hearts. I had the privelege of serving along side David and Tracy in the adult Sunday School Ministry for years, and am thrilled to see and hear about their journey. We had the privelege of having them back with our class just a few weeks ago and what an inspiring walk they have had, the growth in them alone is so evident and a teaching lesson for all of us. I would reccomend every adult class at Mcgregor hunt down David and Tracy and beg them to come and share with your class - while we are still blessed to have them here with us in Fort Myers! You won't have to beg very hard, and you and your class will be able to pray so much more specifically for them as they share their adventure with you and their preperations for the great big world in front of them. They are heroes of the faith, for simply acknowledging, 'Here I am Lord, send me'.